AmigaActive (1721/2143)

From:Simon Preston
Date:26 May 2000 at 19:21:34
Subject:Re: CD-R Audio

> my teac SCSI drive burns EVERYTHING at 8X... yeah baby! and when using
> asim to rip the ausio-tracks, i'm in CD-burning heaven.
> right now i'm trying to convert mod's into aiff samples (i want to make a
> gamesmusic
> collection). sofar i haven't been too succesfull though.

> any ideas?

[Using OctaMED SoundStudio - what else? :)]

Yeah. In the *Settings *menu go to *Miscellaneous*. Then tick the Use mixing
(Tracker mods) box.

Now you can load an old mod and it will use mising. You may want to play
with the panning a bit or the sounds will be on the extreme left or right.

Now go to *Settings/Mixing Settings *and set the mixing mode to Disk 16-bit.
Switch on Stereo and smoothing. Now set the mixing frequency to 44100hz.
Change the mixing buffer to something like 16000 (writes quicker).

Now press play. A requester will appear for a name. Then it'll ask you
whether you want to record it as AIFF or MAUD. Press AIFF. It will now
record.

By the way, you'll need a large harddisk for this.
Regards

Simon Preston
ICQ:41353091

http://www.music-laboratory.co.uk/

Subscribe to the Music Lab ML - musiclab-subscribe@egroups.com

I found this tagline in the cat's litter box!

Old school buds here: